Wondering where you can find more info about FLL? Here are some good places to start!
For general information:
The ABC’s of FLL (www.firstlegoleague.org)
For reasons to attend tournaments:
Why Parents Need to go to an FLL Tournament (www.firstlegoleague.org)
How FIRST is working to keep your kids safe:
- Watch the Safety Video all team members view
- Download and read the Youth Protection Program Guide (PDF), which includes Guidelines for Parents
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
At least one parent/guardian for each team member is required to complete a minimum of 6 hours’ volunteer time during the season. More time is always welcome! Here are some ways you can volunteer:
- Bring snacks for your team: sign up online (link coming soon) for a date; purchase snacks and bring them to practice on your assigned day. Credit: 0.5 hours/day
- Help with setup and/or tear-down: come early for setup at 9 am to help place tables and chairs; stay after practice to put up tables and chairs. Credit: 0.5 hours/day
- Assist team coaches during practices: be an active participant in meetings – help direct activities, help team members with documenting progress, take pictures, etc. while observing the Core Values. Credit: up to 2.5 hours
- FIRST GEAR: become a member of FIRST GEAR, a 501(c)(3) to help raise funds and support the development of local teams. Credit: equal to time spent attending meetings & completing tasks.
- Practice Coordinator (a rotating position): Come early at 9 am to help with setup, then stay for the duration of practice to be a general team assistant, coordinate cleanup, and do various tasks to aid staff members. Credit: 3 hours/day